MSPC is seeking a Director of Accounting and Financial Services.
Responsible for performing accounting applications for church and school. Prepares monthly interim financial statements and schedules for church and school for distribution to School Commission and Session. Performs technical accounting procedures that effect church and school financial reporting. Performs the research and resolution of inquiries with regard to the financial management reports and prepares the reconciliations and account analysis of such financial accounting data. Develops and promotes good community relations among various community and school clientele. Directly supervises the activities of accounting and financial services related staff to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with and reports to the Church Treasurer in order to facilitate communication of vital financial information to church and school leaders, the School Commission, Session of the church, and designated committees.
- Serves as a primary financial resource for information and expertise regarding church and school monies.
- Facilitates payroll practices, procedures, and recordkeeping.
- Supervises accounts payable staff to ensure proper disbursements. This includes selection, training, performance appraisal, work allocation for financial operations.
- Achieves financial objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions, year to date financials for church and school.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of the financial reporting system and information.
- Maintain and oversee the financials for assigned funds.
- Assist others engaged with accounting procedures, issues and duties.
- Researches questions regarding financial reports and communicate results with individuals involved. Keeps current on accounting, accounts payable, and payroll systems. Reconciles and analyzes balance sheet accounts for church and school.
- Maintain, check and create internal controls within the financial structure of the church and school.
- Accumulate, post, and verify financial transactions in all aspects of the integrated computerized financial system.
- Maintain and create church–wide and school–wide cash flow forecasts in various financial applications.
- Prepares and distributes financial reports for Session and School Commission, including the utilization of electronic methods.
- Coordinates the year-end close process, including scheduling the year-end processes for the church and school including accounting, purchasing, accounts payable and payroll.
- Assists with the internal and external audit process, including work papers, schedules, and reports.
- Supervises and assimilates financial reports regarding the church endowment, stocks and securities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related field is required. A Master’s degree in Business or Accounting and/or a C.P.A. is preferred
- Not less than three years of related professional experience.
- Internal/External audit experience, experience with non-profits, and experience with Quick Books software are all a plus.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, creating formulas and linking data is required.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. English required.
- Must be an easy relationship builder, creative, intelligent and a flexible supportive team member.
- Must be able to multi-task and be comfortable working in a Christian team environment.
Materials and references are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Miami Shores Presbyterian Church School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.